Boat shoes, with their distinct laced sides and rubber soles, offer a blend of comfort, functionality, and laid-back style.
They are a perfect addition to your summer wardrobe, offering a mix of style and practicality.
How To Style Your Boat Shoes
Boat shoes are a versatile and timeless addition to any modern wardrobe, offering a perfect blend of casual comfort and classic style. Here are some stylish tips on how to maximise the potential of your boat shoes:
- Beach-Ready Casual: Boat shoes are synonymous with the beach and casual coastal living. Embrace their relaxed vibe by pairing them with chino shorts and a lightweight linen shirt. This combination exudes effortless summer style, perfect for strolling along the shoreline or enjoying a seaside picnic. Don’t forget to roll up the sleeves for that extra touch of laid-back charm.
- Polished Casual: If you’re looking to elevate your boat shoes for a more refined look, consider teaming them up with slim-fit jeans and a well-fitted polo shirt. This ensemble strikes a balance between comfort and sophistication, making it ideal for casual gatherings, brunch with friends, or a leisurely day in the city. Add a stylish leather belt to complete the polished aesthetic.
- Day to Night Transition: One of the unique qualities of boat shoes is their versatility. They effortlessly transition from a day at the beach to a casual dinner out. After a day of sun and surf, simply swap out your swim shorts for a pair of tailored shorts or lightweight trousers, add a crisp button-down shirt, and you’re ready for a relaxed evening dining by the water or enjoying seaside cocktails.
- Accessorize Thoughtfully: To enhance your boat shoe look, consider adding some nautical-inspired accessories. A woven belt, a braided leather bracelet, or a pair of sunglasses with wooden accents can complement the boat shoe aesthetic and give your outfit that extra touch of coastal charm.
- Sockless or No-Show Socks: Boat shoes are traditionally worn without socks to achieve the quintessential summer look. However, if you prefer a more hygienic option, opt for no-show socks that stay hidden within the shoe while still providing the comfort and freshness your feet need.
How To Tie Boat Shoe Laces
If you are unsure on the best way to tie boat shoe laces, you may follow the steps below:
- Cross the laces in an “X” shape at the top eyelets.
- Thread each lace end under the opposite lace.
- Pull the ends upwards to tighten the knot.
- Repeat the process once or twice for desired tightness.
- Tie a simple knot to secure the laces.